Friday, February 5, 2010

The HanSarang Movement

Han Sarang.

It is a Korean word that means "One Love" and it is a word that's been a part of me for the past several months.

This blog is taking a new direction with the new name change. From "Asiamerican Pride" to "The HanSarang Movement", the change reflects a bigger idea that is more than just being proud of my Asian American heritage and writing about solely Asian American matters. But at the same time, by using a Korean word for "One Love", I am maintaining my roots as an Asian American  and the passion I have for APA activism.


As such, the blog will still be heavily focused on APA matters but will slowly expand its horizons to include all international matters that deals with the beauty of what it means to be human as well as the ignorance, prejudice, and hatred we as people face because of our differences that makes us so beautiful. It is a fight that will always be a part of me but I know that there is a much bigger picture at hand, the desire to truly understand others in their own light and terms, and to pursue social justice for all. I know I am tackling on even bigger things but it's time to step up my game.

No comments: